Located in the centre of Lausanne city, Institut Richelieu is proud of more than 50 years old experience of teaching cultures and languages. Additionally, it has always been influenced by inspirational results of new research which significantly reformed the teaching of modern languages.
The small classes also enable the School of French to provide students with the best chances of fast progress under close supervision.
The course allows future students in parallel with the test of to assess their actual level of knowledge and to estimate the number of terms they still need to get a diploma.
In any case, applicants go through a placement test and an interview at registration time in order to determine the most suitable course advisable.
The underneath curriculum is for classes meeting twenty hours a week. It is spread over six terms in a more concentrated form in classes meeting four hours a week.
Elementary level of the school of French language
For beginners and students who have some knowledge of French but are unable to communicate.
- Intensive communication exercises in several situations.
- Essential grammatical structures.
- Forms and uses of basic verb tenses.
- French and French-speaking countries around the world.
- Preparation for the Certificat Elémentaire de l'Institut Richelieu and for the Certificat d'études de français pratique 1 de l’Alliance Française and for the DELF A2
Intermediate level of the school of French language
For those students who have some knowledge of the language, especially of the basic verb tenses.
- Revision and widening of the already acquired knowledge.
- Forms and uses of the Subjunctive, the Conditional Moods, and the Perfect Tenses and the Simple Past in the Indicative.
- Reading of an easy novel.
- Preparation for the Certificat Intermédiaire de l'Institut Richelieu-scool of French in Lausanne and for the Certificat d'études de français pratique 2 de l'Alliance Française and for the DELF B1
Advanced level of the school of French language
For students who are able to communicate but who still need more self-confidence in the practice of French.
- Systematic study of complex sentence structures.
- Relations between verb tenses and logical thinking.
- Literary passages from modern work.
- Today's topics : city life, media communications, work and free time etc.
- Revision and reinforcement of the use of verbs tenses and moods.
- Intensive study of economical and social vocabulary.
- Preparation for the Diplôme de langue française de l'Institut Richelieu, for the Diplôme de langue de l'Alliance Française and for the DELF B2.
Special classes of the school of French in Lausanne:
On request, the School will open special classes with small groups for specific purposes.
These classes may fulfill the individual needs of the group or prepare for such examinations as those of the Diplôme supérieur de l'Alliance Française or others.