The Swiss School of Business & Technology aims to equip our students with the languages, knowledge and skills to succeed in their career in a competitive global market
The Swiss School of Business & Technology strives for quality and equal education through excellence in teaching, learning, creative study-route and student support with fair tuition fees.
Andragogic guiding principles:
At SSBT, we apply andragogy concept from Malcolm Knowles (!830s):
- Self-concept: As a person matures his self concept moves from one of being a dependent personality toward one of being a self-directed human being
- Experience: As a person matures he accumulates a growing reservoir of experience that becomes an increasing resource for learning.
- Readiness to learn. As a person matures his readiness to learn becomes oriented increasingly to the developmental tasks of his social roles.
- Orientation to learning. As a person matures his time perspective changes from one of postponed application of knowledge to immediacy of application, and accordingly his orientation toward learning shifts from one of subject-centeredness to one of problem centredness.
- Motivation to learn: As a person matures the motivation to learn is internal (Knowles 1984:12).